How To Create Augmented Reality Apps

davisde

This video covers the very basics of creating an Augmented Reality (AR) application using FLARToolkit and Adobe Flex.

Download the marker: http://www.tinkernut.com/downl…..marker.pdf

Visit this webpage, allow access to your webcam, and hold the marker in front of the camera: http://www.tinkernut.com/downl…..ality.html

Download the source files here: http://www.tinkernut.com/downl…..eality.zip>

31 Comments

1. Will|
    May 2, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Hello, your site is very good.
    The file

Not found, please send my email.
    If you have documentation the Augmented Reality Apps, send too.
    Thank you.

• agrmsek
      November 26, 2012 at 9:19 pm

I tried your augmented reality project with cube in Adobe Flex builder. Working perfectly! When i try second case with 3d dae model – I changed everything in source code as you are on video, but I still see cube model – not the nut (dea model). Can you please send me your source code for that 3d sample or send me link. Many Thanks! my e-mail: agrmsek@yahoo.com

2. Marianne
    June 10, 2011 at 3:40 am

Hello,
    All your links are broken :(
    Please can you refresh them ?
    Can you send me an email with the pdf and zip too please?
    Many thanks in advance!
    PS: Sorry for my bad english (I’m french).

3. Pim
    June 12, 2011 at 11:58 am

I found this url from your youtube’s video and I realy like it. I realy want to try make my AR App. one.
    But, all of the link that you recomened in this site was not found. Maybe you were deleted it or the links were broken.
    Can you send all of the files about the how to make the AR App. to my e-mail.

Thank you alots.

4. Mark
    June 15, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Hey,

I’m currently following your AR tutorial on youtube and I am running into some problems. I am up to the point where I am testing my webcam after creating the createCam and createFLAR functions. every time that I try to run the program, it says that I have extra characters at the end of my program. I have tried to debug and make sure that I have all of my parantheses in the proper places and everything seems fine.

So, I am trying to download the fully commented source code, but it says that the link does not exist. Could you please help me out?

5. Edgar
    June 18, 2011 at 2:53 am

ey man this shit doesn´t work please fix the direcction resource please
    a

6. juan carlos
    June 18, 2011 at 3:32 am

hello, can u send me an email with the source files please. congrats for u page

7. Aleem
    June 19, 2011 at 8:43 am

Helloo,,

the links are broken,
    Can you please send me the files by email???

Thanks

8. Prantic
    June 21, 2011 at 2:36 pm

links not workin bro!

9. Paiii3
    June 27, 2011 at 5:51 am

hello
    your links are broken ,,please sent file to my email :)

Thank you!

10. No Mercy
    July 2, 2011 at 10:04 am

hello

i am thailand. i not good english.

i have project ar but now i have problem.

i have question what function use for show video or picture on ar?

in vdo exam you and all clip for ar it just have make 3d model.

i want know how to create ar is show picture or video?

i want make like exam this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg3EN_MSIe0

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gTwpweilX0

Thank you very much.

this my email Pong_cn123@hotmail.com

11. shule
    July 2, 2011 at 2:33 pm

yes links not working..can u send it to my email too please? thanks..

12. Chris
    July 6, 2011 at 10:00 am

Could you re-upload the source code?
    Really want to sink my teeth into this.

13. Gabi
    July 10, 2011 at 9:28 am

Please reupload the source or sent me by email(gabi.dobre.m@gmail.com)

14. David
    July 15, 2011 at 8:46 pm

By the recent accumulation of comments here it looks as if AR has undergone a spike in interest. I am also looking for the commented source. Please re-upload these files.

15. nadav
    October 7, 2011 at 10:57 am

hi tinker nut,

can you develop a simple augmented reality app as a freelance?

please contact me for more info

thanks a lot,

nadav

16. AugmentedRealityDude
    October 8, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Hey Tinkernut,when I put FLARPamas and FLARCode in the Flash Builder it didn’t recognize it. Please help me find out what was wrong.Thanks.

17. lexzios
    October 19, 2011 at 6:25 am

yes it’s not working,
    please send me your source code too

18. Richard
    November 1, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Links still not working. Please send or fix link. Great video! Thanks!

19. rutanbreaker
    rutanbreaker
    November 6, 2011 at 5:43 am

please re-upload the links man

20. emre
    February 13, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Description Resource Path Location Type 1017: The definition of base class NyARParam was not found
    and
    same for NyARCode

anyone know how to fix it?

• Lukas G
      February 18, 2012 at 10:47 pm

i’ve got the same problem..
      Description Resource Path Location Type
      1017: The definition of base class NyARBinRaster was not found. FLARBinRaster.as /AugReality/[source path] Actionscripts/org/libspark/flartoolkit/core/raster line 37 Flex Problem
      and many others with definition of base classes…

anyone help ?

21. Lukas G
    February 18, 2012 at 11:29 pm

i’ve figured out that the SVN is downloading newest version pf flartoolkit without all required files.. you can solve the problem by downloading old releases by tight click in folder TortoiseSVN> repo browser > and path: http://www.libspark.org/svn/as3/FLARToolKit/releases
    then version 0.9.0 and 0.9.1 contains required files
    i’ve got still 4 problems with functions:

1008: return value for function ‘createBMP’ has no type declaration. AugReality.as /AugReality/src line 90 Flex Problem

any ideas ?

22. Christian Gould
    Christian Gould
    March 3, 2012 at 2:11 am

Works a treat, thanks, this is my first foray into AR, kind of a newbie, but got it to all work, now just trying to get a different DAE file to work and figure out how to use flash builder 4.6

Thanks for your awesome Tutorial!

23. wiwit
    March 8, 2012 at 2:38 am

before I have same Problem with 17 error

now without error , my browser can’t detect the camera.

why? can u help me tinkernut??

24. wiwit
    March 8, 2012 at 5:33 am

cool i can show the cube, now i try to change itu to show the blander file

25. Buzzbyte
    May 6, 2012 at 7:34 pm

For those of you who think the links are broken, here they are:

Looks like they aren’t any more!

26. login2raghu
    February 22, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Hallo,
    Thanks a lot for this great webpage,,,, I was creating a project and got below error please help me to resolve
    “A file found in a source-path can not have more than one externally visible definition. lighthouse;loop” youbotAR/src youbotAR.as Unknown 1361547954992 34

looking for your reply,
    Rag

27. grald
    July 10, 2013 at 11:58 am

thanks for the link

28. November 1, 2014 at 2:09 am

Souls in the Waves

Fantastic Morning, I just stopped in to visit your website and considered I would say I experienced myself.

29. November 20, 2014 at 4:15 pm