How To Create Augmented Reality Apps

This video covers the very basics of creating an Augmented Reality (AR) application using FLARToolkit and Adobe Flex.

Download the marker: http://www.tinkernut.com/downl…..marker.pdf

Visit this webpage, allow access to your webcam, and hold the marker in front of the camera: http://www.tinkernut.com/downl…..ality.html

Download the source files here: http://www.tinkernut.com/downl…..eality.zip>

31 thoughts on “How To Create Augmented Reality Apps

• agrmsek says:

I tried your augmented reality project with cube in Adobe Flex builder. Working perfectly! When i try second case with 3d dae model – I changed everything in source code as you are on video, but I still see cube model – not the nut (dea model). Can you please send me your source code for that 3d sample or send me link. Many Thanks! my e-mail: agrmsek@yahoo.com

1. Marianne says:

Hello,
    All your links are broken :(
    Please can you refresh them ?
    Can you send me an email with the pdf and zip too please?
    Many thanks in advance!
    PS: Sorry for my bad english (I’m french).

2. Pim says:

I found this url from your youtube’s video and I realy like it. I realy want to try make my AR App. one.
    But, all of the link that you recomened in this site was not found. Maybe you were deleted it or the links were broken.
    Can you send all of the files about the how to make the AR App. to my e-mail.

Thank you alots.

3. Mark says:

Hey,

I’m currently following your AR tutorial on youtube and I am running into some problems. I am up to the point where I am testing my webcam after creating the createCam and createFLAR functions. every time that I try to run the program, it says that I have extra characters at the end of my program. I have tried to debug and make sure that I have all of my parantheses in the proper places and everything seems fine.

So, I am trying to download the fully commented source code, but it says that the link does not exist. Could you please help me out?

4. No Mercy says:

hello

i am thailand. i not good english.

i have project ar but now i have problem.

i have question what function use for show video or picture on ar?

in vdo exam you and all clip for ar it just have make 3d model.

i want know how to create ar is show picture or video?

i want make like exam this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg3EN_MSIe0

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gTwpweilX0

Thank you very much.

this my email Pong_cn123@hotmail.com

5. David says:

By the recent accumulation of comments here it looks as if AR has undergone a spike in interest. I am also looking for the commented source. Please re-upload these files.

• Lukas G says:

i’ve got the same problem..
      Description Resource Path Location Type
      1017: The definition of base class NyARBinRaster was not found. FLARBinRaster.as /AugReality/[source path] Actionscripts/org/libspark/flartoolkit/core/raster line 37 Flex Problem
      and many others with definition of base classes…

anyone help ?

6. Lukas G says:

i’ve figured out that the SVN is downloading newest version pf flartoolkit without all required files.. you can solve the problem by downloading old releases by tight click in folder TortoiseSVN> repo browser > and path: http://www.libspark.org/svn/as3/FLARToolKit/releases
    then version 0.9.0 and 0.9.1 contains required files
    i’ve got still 4 problems with functions:

1008: return value for function ‘createBMP’ has no type declaration. AugReality.as /AugReality/src line 90 Flex Problem

any ideas ?

7. Christian Gould says:

Works a treat, thanks, this is my first foray into AR, kind of a newbie, but got it to all work, now just trying to get a different DAE file to work and figure out how to use flash builder 4.6

Thanks for your awesome Tutorial!

8. login2raghu says:

Hallo,
    Thanks a lot for this great webpage,,,, I was creating a project and got below error please help me to resolve
    “A file found in a source-path can not have more than one externally visible definition. lighthouse;loop” youbotAR/src youbotAR.as Unknown 1361547954992 34

looking for your reply,